We want you to understand how and why Shadowmap (in the following: "Shadowmap", "we" or "us") uses “cookies” and other similar technologies, in connection with our sites and other services (in the following called "services") or when you otherwise interact with us or receive a communication from us.
What is a cookie?
A cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or HTTP cookie) is a small piece of data stored on the user's computer by the web browser while browsing a website. They help site providers to understand how people use a site, to store site preferences or to detect fraud.
- ensure that our services function properly
- detect and prevent fraud
- understand how visitors use and engage with our services
- analyze and improve our services
Who sets cookies when I use Shadowmap?
Two main types of cookies can be set:
- First-party cookies - these cookies are placed and read by us when you use our services.
- Third-party cookies - these cookies are not set by us, but by our service providers, like Paddle.
It is worth mentioning that all our third-party cookies are necessary. For example, we do not have third-party cookies by Google for site analytics or marketing purposes.
Cookies play an important role in helping us provide effective and safe services. Below you can find our cookies grouped into three different categories.
Some cookies are necessary for the operation of our services and make them usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of our services.
We use those cookies in several different ways, including:
- Authentication - To remember your login state so you don’t have to log in as you navigate through our services.
- Fraud prevention and detection - Cookies help us monitor and detect potentially harmful use of our services.
- Security - To protect user data from unauthorized access.
- Functionality - To keep our Site and Services working correctly, like showing you the right information for your selected location.
__cfduid, third-party cookie by Cloudflare, Inc.
paddlejs_checkout_variant, third-party cookie by Paddle.com Market Limited
Functional cookies are used by Shadowmap to remember your preferences.
cookieconsent_status, first-party cookie by us
hs-messages-is-open, third-party cookie by HubSpot Inc.
messagesUtk, third-party cookie by HubSpot Inc.
__hssrc, third-party cookie by HubSpot Inc.
__hssc, third-party cookie by HubSpot Inc.
__hstc, third-party cookie by HubSpot Inc.
paddlejs_campaign_referrer, third-party cookie by Paddle.com.
paddlejs_checkout_variant, third-party cookie by Paddle.com.
Analytics cookies help us understand how you interact with our services. We use those cookies in several different ways, including:
- To make our services work better for you. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our services.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with mail marketing campaigns to compile statistics such as mail opening rates.
_pk_ses.1.bbfd, first-party cookie by us
_pk_id.1.bbfd, first-party cookie by us
Can I opt-out?
Yes. You can opt-out of the analytics cookies. Click on the blue box on the bottom left and opt-out.
Changes to this policy
If you have questions do not hesitate to contact us at:
Shadowmap Technologies GmbH
Helping Humans find the Sun
Playing with Shadowmap says more than a thousand words.
Try it out yourself.